Finnday terms of service
1. General terms: By participating in or booking Finnday programs or any related products or services you agree to terms and conditions set out below. The prices and services offered by Finnday are described in the specific program descriptions for each service separately.
2. Booking and confirmation: Once Finnday has confirmed your booking the contract is made between Finnday and you. On internet bookings, you will receive a confirmation of your booking to your email.
3. Cancellation: In case of cancellation, you need to contact Finnday as soon as possible via email or phone. We will cancel your booking as we receive your request.
15 days prior to program – 10% of the reservation held as charge
2 – 14 days prior program – 50% of the reservation held as charge
0 – 24 hours prior the program – 100% of the reservation held as charge
in case of illness your reservation will be refunded after you have sent us a valid medical certificate. You have to deliver the certificate to Finnday via email within 14 days of cancellation of the booking.
Finnday reserves right to change of re-schedule the planned program if necessary. Due bad weather conditions, extreme cold or heat or other safety reasons Finnday has the right to cancel the program. In case of cancellation your reservation will be fully refunded. Finnday reserves right to discontinue a program if any participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or other participant. Taking part of our programs under influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly forbidden. If a participant is in poor health or is physically incapable of joining the program, Finnday may refuse participation in the program.
4. Payment: We accept most common credit/debit cards. Cash is not accepted in Finnday office but can be used for purchasing meal/drinks during the programs. The prices given be Finnday include VAT according the taxation laws in Finland. Finnday reserves the right to change the prices if any extra costs occur.
5. Liability: During programs Finnday follows appropriate health and safety regulations in accordance with laws and regulations as applicable in Finland. Standard guidelines recommended to practice in different programs are followed always when delivering service. Finnday can only be held liable for injuries and material damages during the delivery of the service that are caused be negligence of the company or any employees or already broken equipment. Finnday cannot be held responsible for any accidental injuries or damages that are inhered under customer’s travel insurance.
6. Liability insurance: Finnday has general third-party liability insurance for bodily injuries and damaged property. The terms and conditions of liability insurance are conducted by If Vahinkovakuutusyhtiö Oyj.
7. Responsibility: Finnday cannot be held responsible for any damage or disappearance of valuables during the programs. It is your responsibility to take good care of your belongings. As a participant in our programs you are responsible for the equipment we provide and lend to you. If any damage is done on purpose or by accident or any equipment disappear during the program, Finnday reserves right to charge the cost of caused damage from the participant.
8. Rental terms & conditions: Upon arrival you are required to sign a rental agreement if lending equipment from Finnday. You will need to provide a valid identification, either passport or European driving license.
Inspection and rental period. Rental period starts when customer receives rented equipment included. Customer will not leave until rented equipment have been inspected and acknowledged to be in good and working condition. Upon these conditions rental agreement is finished.
Loss of equipment. Customer is being held responsible to all loss of equipment during rental period.
Damaged gear. Customer is being held responsible for damaged rented equipment during rental period. Excluding:
1. Damage caused by weather. However, held responsible if not followed instructions given by a Finnday Guide. (such as opening weather sealed covers or removing lenses)
2. Typical wear/scratches. Including camera body, lens protector or accessories. Exluding lens surfaces
3. Any malfunction or damage under Canon & Tamron manufacturer warranty.
Insurance. Rented equipment is covered under third party insurance provided by If vahinkovakuutus Oyj. All previous terms and conditions apply. In case of a damage or loss customer is being held responsible for paying 200euro excess bond to Finnday Oy. If repair cost is lower than excess, money difference will be returned to a customer as soon as possible.
9. Other: During Finnday programs guide is taking photos of the cityscape, nature, people and activities. Finnday reserves the right to use these photos in any marketing and business purposes without expressed written or oral permission. Any person desiring not to have a photo taken of them or distributed must contact us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Customer photos: During Finnday program customers are taking photographs which will be stored to our local server for minimum of 30 days. Customer needs to provide an email in which Finnday can send a download link for photographs. Link will be provided within 7 days after the program. Customers are not allowed to use own media storage on our cameras or computers in case of malfunctioning hardware or potential security threat.
11. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Finnish Law. The Finnish courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, controversy or claim related to such a demand. The district court of Helsinki shall be the court of first instance.
12. Severability: If any part, term or provision of these terms and conditions is partly or wholly held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity of enforceability of other provision, extent part and remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.